Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Confession

Over the past few days, I've reflected on this blog, and what I really wanted to accomplish by it.

I honestly feel like it's served it's original purpose. I started writing it because I was trying to figure out my place as a Mormon feminist. Through writing, I have come to realise where I stand and what I believe. I have learned more about myself than I thought possible. I have received inspiration, support, and love from total strangers.

But I've changed, my life has changed, and my situation has changed so much since June, when I started this journey. And I'm not sure that this blog is what I need anymore.  I'm not sure where to go from here. Lately, it's seemed like my posts are about my struggles with foster kids, and not so much about my religious idealizations. I have strayed so far from the blog's premise, I have no idea where I am now.

It's bittersweet, really. I feel like I began the blog as a child, curious about the world around me. In adolescence, I questioned, fought, and ultimately left the faith of my youth. I matured into my personal philosophy and spirituality, though there is still room for improvement and change. And now, it's as if I'm ancient, looking back over my life from the safety of my rocking chair.

So this is not a goodbye, really. It's a thank you. Thank you to all of y'all who have been with me on this journey. Thank you for your support, your advice, your love, your comments, and your strength. Outside of book reviews, I don't know what I will post, if I will post anything. All I know is that I am a stronger, better person from writing this blog, and sharing parts of my life with you all. Much love and appreciation. :)

(If you want to stay in contact, my email is: ashleyr.taylor@gmail.com...I may not be a consistent blogger, but I'm an excellent penpal!)

Oh, and reviews will continue to be MWF, as much as possible.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for all that you have shared and best wishes on your continued journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to have been with you for this journey and will miss your regular updates. I totally understand though. One of my resolutions for next year is to be more unplugged so hopefully I'll be online a lot less anyway. Feel free to email me any time as well though. I'd still love to hear from you every now and then and see where life takes you from here. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I hear you out. My blog goes in and out what I blog about. It's for me. Sure others read it, but it's for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing about the foster kids. Since that's not a topic I normally would look for, I must conclude that I actually like the way you write.
    So write about whatever you want to write about. You and we (your readers) have no contract. It's all voluntary. I enjoy reading whatever you enjoy writing!

    ReplyDelete